Varsity is a Bay Area technology services company providing IT services and solutions to social impact organizations in California. Our clients span educational institutions, non-profits, healthcare, and mission-driven businesses (like B Corps). We are a B-Corporation focused on providing a great, support experience for our employees and their families.
We are looking for talented individuals that want to join us in helping our clients utilize technology to improve their mission driven impact.
Varsity is seeking a highly motivated Account Representative to be an integral part of our sales team. This is an excellent fit for a dynamic individual who is outgoing, personable, and detailed-oriented. To be successful in this role you should be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, be responsive and attuned to the client’s needs, and lead client opportunities from development to close.
The position is responsible for addressing client needs through regular meetings, educating clients on solutions, and completing sales. The Account Representative will also insure timely renewal of customer service agreements. Additional activities include working with the sales team, project engineers and services departments to address and develop solutions for clients.
The position requires at least 2 years of experience in a similar sales or customer service role. One (1) year of experience in a direct customer facing role required. Technical experience preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer quote and proposal requests.
- Research and verify product and solution information.
- Create, deliver, and close quotes.
- Promote new solutions and offerings to existing clients.
- Develop new business with targeted accounts
- Respond to new sales requests and opportunities in the sales CRM
- Update activities and opportunities daily with the sales CRM
- Provide sales account management team with annual client budgets that include maintenance renewal costs and costs for product replacements
- Develop and maintain quote templates
- Work with accounting team to reconcile orders and invoices
- Verify quote, pricing, fees information is accurate prior to order placement
- Identify the best source for product pricing and availability
- Provide a great customer experience by providing consistent and timely responses, follow-through, and follow-up
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Escalate urgent issues to the appropriate Varsity staff person as needed
Product Knowledge and Customer Education:
- Deliver content to customers on new solutions and products via webinars, emails, and manufacturer provided collateral
- Maintain current knowledge and sales certifications on manufacturer products
- Maintain list of manufacturer products and vendor partners
- Work to identify resources within staff and manufacturer partners Attend product webinars from manufacturers to stay current on latest technology advancements
- Be a go-to resource for product knowledge and expertise
Compensation: Base Salary plus Commission, DOE
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We offers a high-quality benefits package, 401(k) plan, and an array of work/life benefit options.
Please apply by following the instructions located here: https://varsity-technologies.workable.com/j/99F4DF7A3B No phone calls please.