Varsity Technologies is proud to sponsor an online learning event for leaders in education!
Featuring nationally recognized architect James Theimer,
winner of the AIA award for Design Excellence of:
Redding School of the Arts
“An Innovative Approach to Green School Design”
June 28, 2012 @ 2PM (PST)
- How to choose providers committed to real sustainability.
- How green design benefits your students’ health and happiness.
- How energy efficiency can actually save you money for your school budget.
- How to plan for a future we do not yet know.
- And you will walk away with a checklist providing guidance in your mission to go green.
What's good for the environment is also good for business. In this online seminar, you’ll learn how sustainable IT solutions can be leveraged by schools and non-profits of all sizes to dramatically reduce cost and environmental impact. We’ll cover:
- What is “Green IT” or “Sustainable IT”?
- How sustainable IT solutions reduce environmental impact.
- How sustainable IT solutions result in cost savings (both operating and capital expense) for the organization.
- Specific sustainable IT solutions you can implement in your organization. For example:
- Server virtualization
- Thin computing
- Desktop virtualization
- Server consolidation in a data center
- Reduction of HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) power consumption
- Selection of energy-saving products and designs
- How a sustainable IT strategy impacts overall decision making on vendor selection, purchases, operations, and more.
- How to move forward with creating and implementing a sustainable IT strategy for your organization.
- Specific examples of schools and non-profits that have successfully implemented sustainable IT solutions.
Cisco Unified Wireless Network – In this 30 minute webinar the presenter will review the components of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network and how the solution addresses a number of technical and organization needs. The solution extends beyond wireless clients supporting 802.11n and includes wireless mesh, security, voice over wireless, and mobility solutions. This is a must see if you are in the market to upgrade your existing Cisco wireless network or add a new wireless solution to your office or campus.
Meraki Wireless- Founded and based in San Francisco, Meraki wireless solutions are built on three ideas: utilize wireless mesh technology, deliver a wide range of devices at affordable prices, and deliver enterprise wireless management via the cloud. We were so impressed by the Meraki technology and the management architecture that we signed up as a partner. It is a well thought out product with no hardware controllers to worry about and easy to use centralized management delivered via the web.
Many of our past attendees and current clients have asked for more training on designing wireless and local area networks. In this seminar, we review the fundamentals of wireless and local area networks. Building on that information, we will look at various approaches to designing a multi-tiered network taking into consideration management, security, and performance.
Disaster Recovery is as hot of a topic as virtualization. But where do the two meet when designing your optimal IT infrastructure? VMware Site Recovery Manager is a disaster recovery solution that works on top of VMware vSphere virtualization software. The webinar is designed to introduce the Site Recovery Manager product, critical features, and design considerations.
Lack of preparedness is one of the most common reasons that businesses suffer a major data loss after a disaster. The problem stems from the belief that "It won't happen to me". But 93% of companies that lost critical data operations for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately.* In this webinar, you’ll learn about how Varsity Technologies’ System Care Data Safe solution is an affordable and effective online backup and disaster recovery solution that can recover data, servers, and business operations.
*(Source: National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
As a follow-up to our storage seminar, this webinar is deep dive on the SAN technology available from Lefthand Networks (now part of HP). In this in depth review of the technology, the presenter will review key features like storage clustering, storage virtualization, thin provisioning, deduplication, and Lefthand’s network RAID technology.
In this webinar, we’ll explore the new competitive features available in Hyper-V with the release of Windows 2008 R2. The new release of Microsoft’s free virtualization technology now incorporates critical features including live migration and high availability.
Every organization is faced with one question: How well protected is our organization from a disaster? Many organizations have had to plan around limited budgets due to the cost of solutions. In this seminar we review the need for disaster recovery solutions for IT from the concept level, to design, and a review of various solutions available today. Topics include online backup, business continuity, disaster recovery, recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives, among others.