Information Technology Associate, Field Services – Bay Area
This position serves clients in the Bay Area.
Varsity Technologies is a dynamic and well-established IT services company serving Bay Area healthcare, nonprofit, and education organizations. We are looking for a highly motivated IT professional for the position of IT Associate within our Field Services department. If you are an energetic, creative, confident, and self-directed person who enjoys working autonomously, then this position could be a good match for you. This is a customer-facing position that requires the ability to work independently, use excellent judgement in time-sensitive situations, and the ability to adapt to changes as they arise.
If you are interested in growing your skills in a variety of environments and technologies, you'll really enjoy this opportunity. It will involve working with mobile platforms, data center technologies and complex hybrid cloud solutions. You will be working directly with our IT Consultants, Project Engineers and Systems Administrators, as the field resource that we count on to resolve IT issues and provide assistance for implementations. The role provides a great opportunity to work on IT projects and grow your experience to qualify for future positions like a Project Engineer. Varsity has a strong focus on professional development—we provide in-house hands-on technical training, provide access to free online technical courses/books/exam prep, and offer funds for additional industry coursework/training.
You will be well equipped with a new laptop, a company smartphone, a comprehensive field toolkit, and a box full of treats to keep in your car while you are on the go!
Reports To: NOC Manager
This position could be a great fit if you are:
- Passionate about learning new things and finding the answers
- Appreciate and desire open communication and transparency
- Creative with resources and able to adapt to varying/changing situations
- Great at working and interacting with people in-person and on the phone
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Always laughing and smiling (sense of humor!)
- Proactive, responsive, and responsible
- Always looking to excel in what you do
- A teacher by nature and enjoy empowering others
- Relentless in providing service to others
- Constantly seeking opportunities to collaborate
- Drive to client locations in the Bay Area.
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to resolve IT support requests.
- Adapt to changes quickly
- Respond to and resolve client technical issues expeditiously and professionally
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of customer systems
- Work with internal and external technical staff and vendors
- Provide system documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Attend team and department meetings to develop ideas to improve performance metrics
- Continuously strive to improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Track all tasks and time entries daily in company CRM
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process
- Understand processes in company CRM by completing assigned training materials
- Work with collaboratively with the Service Coordinator to schedule onsite client visits
- Travel to the San Francisco office for pre-scheduled meetings, equipment pickups/drop-offs, etc.
- Plan, prepare, and strategize to resolve reported issues prior to client appointments
- Develop a resolution plan when needed to resolve more complex technical issues
- Provide excellent communication to internal team and directly to client throughout the service delivery process and keep them informed of progress, impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
- Research technical issues and follow troubleshooting methodology for resolution
- Engage in learning new technologies and applications
Technical and other skills:
In order to be successful in your role, you must have knowledge of the following technologies and experience with supporting them.
- Microsoft Windows operating systems including: Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Mac OS X (10.8 and later)
- Creating OS computer images and deploying images to multiple computers
- Migrating user settings between two computers
- Providing moves, add, changes and deletes for Microsoft Active Directory Services and Cloud directory services such as Office 365 and Google Apps
- Deploying, troubleshooting, and configuring productivity applications including Office and Google Apps
- Configure and support mobile devices and tablets including iOS and Android
- Troubleshoot issues related to network connectivity and Internet access from the desktop through to the ISP router
- Demonstrated sound technical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Strong interpersonal skills including: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- At least two years of experience in a similar role
- Professional IT Certifications (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Valid California driver's license and car insurance
- Driving record in good standing
- Authorization to work in the USA
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We offers a high-quality benefits package, 401(k) plan, and an array of work/life benefit options.
Please apply by following the instructions located here: https://varsity-technologies.workable.com/j/DD9D72F97A