IT Support Specialist / AdministratorIT Support Specialist / Administrator https://www.varsitytechnologies.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Eliza Kinrose https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/c8e7fd5330e41153edd60de84b627b04?s=96&d=retro&r=g
About the Field Services Team
The Field Services team is a group of dedicated professionals who have a single purpose to deliver the highest level of customer experience to clients. The Field Services team works in partnership with their customers to ensure that their technology service needs are met and expectations are exceeded. As a member of this team, you’ll be part of a culture that values high quality and personable support, respects the diverse qualities we all bring to problem solving, and is deeply passionate about our clients. We are looking for someone who is motivated to learn, thoughtful and courteous, proactive, communicative and driven to continuously improve.
About the Role
As a Field Services team member, you’ll collaborate with customers who are seeking your assistance, guidance, and knowledge about technology. You will also have the opportunity to learn from everyone at Varsity from our management team to your peers and colleagues. Varsity is, and always has been, a place where you get to learn, you’re actively supported, and you’ll be part of a community.
In this role you’ll be working directly with our clients and supporting everyone across their organizations, helping to ensure IT is always performing at its best. You will also provide information, guidance and potential solutions to customers so that they can make the best decisions possible. To ensure the customer is receiving a complete service solution, you’ll work as part of a comprehensive team at Varsity with folks from projects, remote services, and sales. You will be the eyes and ears on the ground and representing Varsity at all times.
You will be the first, and most critical line of customer interaction and experience. Attendance, responsive communication, and consistent professionalism are all key characteristics of everyone on the field services team.
In this position you will be out in the field supporting clients in the Bay Area. You will support an assigned group of customers that are most geographically convenient to you.
You’re Excited About This Role Because You Will:
- Learn more about technology and IT
- Learn faster than you ever have previously in your career or education
- Work alongside likeminded individuals who care about the purpose and mission of what we do as an organization
- Support users in adopting new technologies and resolve their technical issue
- Apply your knowledge and skills on a wide range of desktop OSes, networks, and cloud applications
- Keep things well documented using our CRM/ticketing system
- Deliver support to users across different mediums, in person and remotely
- Always maintain a positive, glass half full, attitude
- Provision new users and new workstations
- Have the opportunity to meet lots of great people and organizations as you travel around the Bay Area (yes, company car provided! Check!)
We’re Excited About You Because:
- You believe that knowledge is power and you want a job where educating and empowering others is a priority
- You love to work on a wide range of computer technologies, including Mac, Windows, and mobile devices
- You love to figure out the root cause of problem, but also can provide realistic solutions that help clients to remain focused on their social impact work
- You know that clear communication including expectations, follow-up, and follow-through are essential traits of creating loyal, trusting customers
- You appreciate feedback and input on your role to help you grow and excel
- You want to be valued for your initiative and drive to succeed
- You want to tackle new goals within an achievable framework where everyone can succeed together
Why You’ll Love Working at Varsity:
We are more than a company. More than just tech or services. Varsity is a social justice organization rooted in the belief that by continually giving knowledge to others, we support each individual to be a free thinker, support their right for equality, and empower them to make the best decisions regarding technology.
- We are an Agile company – we are always improving.
- We believe our employees are what make us great.
- Every individual is responsible for doing their part and allowing teams to self-organize for the betterment of our customers.
- Our employee benefits are about supporting families and individuals to have wellness in their lives.
- We support our team members in their personal time of need with special employee loan programs, financial education, peer support, and always coming from a place of best intent.
- We are always searching for new ways to use technology to better organizations (and us!) in the social impact space.
- We push ourselves every day to fight for our customers with relentless service.
To be considered for this role, you will need a valid CA driver’s license. If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter and resume here.
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values, and with individuals who want to be part of a friendly, team-oriented workplace.
Applicants may be required to submit to an education, work history, and criminal background check. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or any other legally protected status. We offer high-quality benefits packages, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, and an array of work/life benefit options.