I.T. Internship (Remote)I.T. Internship (Remote) https://www.varsitytechnologies.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Leanne Davis https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/e20edf32469ac894808e060f71fd72d3?s=96&d=retro&r=g
I.T. Internship (Remote / Sacramento)
About the Team
The Remote Services Desk team is a group of fun, committed, and hard working individuals. They are passionate about Varsity’s values and our purpose in the social impact space. They are also a group of people that like to have fun; that happens every week from comic book characters and weekly team lunches to offsite events. As a member of this team, you’ll be a part of and contribute to this great culture. We are looking for someone to help us grow and that will grow with us, that is motivated to learn, thoughtful and courteous, and driven to always improve.
About the Role
As an IT Intern, you will have a great opportunity to begin your career in technology. You will be part of a triage tier of support with an opportunity to use new tools, learn our processes, and get hands on experience working directly with our customers. Your position will start with your onboarding and move into your bootcamp. Once through the bootcamp, we will work alongside you to explain how everything is done, to show you, and then to shadow you during those first few months of your tenure.
This position is ideal for anyone who enjoys learning new technologies and developing new technical skills. As an I.T. Intern at Varsity, you can expect an exciting environment where you will learn essential technical skills for a career in the I.T. industry.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will
- Learn about working in a large scale IT support operation
- Learn customer service skills, using automation tools, and
- Work in a collaborative group and be mentor by IT staff with years of experience
- Support our clients with fast resolution to their most common issues
- Apply your knowledge of a wide range of technologies to helping Varsity and our Customers be successful
- Learn as many new technologies that you want. There is no shortage of learning opportunities.
We’re Excited About You Because
- You believe that knowledge is power and you want a job where you can share what you know
- You love to work on a wide range of computer technologies, including Mac, Windows, and mobile devices
- You love to figure out the cause of the problem but also provide realistic solutions that help your customer focus on their social impact work
- You want to excel your career to new opportunities in technology
- You are a strong communicator who takes the time listen to your clients and peers, listens to them
- You have a higher education background where you’ve studied computer science, business information systems, or a similar technology field
- You have some hands-on experience in class or previous work writing scripts for IT uses
You’ll Love Working at Varsity
- We are more than a company. More than just tech or services. Varsity is a social justice company rooted in the belief that by continually giving knowledge to others, we support each individual to be a free thinker, support their right for equality, and empower them to make the best decisions regarding technology.
- We are an agile company – we always are improving
- We believe our employees are what make us great
- Every individual is responsible for doing their part and allowing teams to self-organize for the betterment of our customers
- Our employee benefits are about supporting families and individuals to have wellness in their lives
- We support our team members in their personal time of need with special employee loan programs, financial education, peer support, and always coming from a place of best intent
- We are always searching for a new way to use technology to better organizations (and us!) in the social impact space
- We push ourselves every day to fight for our customers with relentless service
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO VALUE AND WILL SUPPORT A FRIENDLY, TEAM-ORIENTED AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN PRIOR TO COMMENCING EMPLOYMENT.
To Apply: Please apply online. :(or enter this URL in your browser https://apply.workable.com/j/331F9EDDFC )