Varsity is a Bay Area technology services company providing IT services and solutions to social impact organizations in California. Our clients span educational institutions, non-profits, healthcare, and mission-driven businesses (like B Corps). We are a B-Corporation focused on providing a great, supportive experience for our employees and their families. We pride ourselves on helping our clients utilize technology to improve their mission. When you join us, you will be a part of that purpose. You will work with great people who care about their clients and the good that those clients strive to achieve.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Administrator will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient network and server systems for Varsity and our clients. The NOC Administrator will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active cloud infrastructure, network and server equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation. As a NOC Administrator, you are responsible for responding to and resolving daily alert, monitoring and support requests. A normal day includes: analysis of client systems to resolve server and network support issues, provide pc/mac system optimization, implement proactive enhancements and maintenance to client systems, and perform personal computing related tasks to improve technology usage by our healthcare, non-profit, and education clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors, responds, and resolves support requests.
- Resolve issues involving server and network.
- Assist service desk team and field with tickets escalated due to complexity.
- Review notifications from altering tools, triage, and schedule work for valid tickets
- Troubleshoots, recovers, and identifies major outage events for each network platform supported.
- Ensures immediate action when fault is detected and resolve client technical issues expeditiously and professionally
- Performs timely technical and management escalations for outstanding problems.
- Review backup jobs and resolve issues
- Perform maintenance tasks for network devices and server systems.
- Recommends, develops, and implements process improvements to ensure system performance, and availability
- Provide customer setup in NOC management tools
- Recommend optimization tasks to engineering and technical team
- Run network detective monthly and review reports
- Develops and maintains an in-depth working knowledge of customer products and services.
- Reviews the effectiveness of current procedures and strives to identify improvement to processes.
- Create and/or update policies for security, controls and administration.
- Troubleshoots and recovers or corrects server and/or network problems in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Interfaces directly with internal and/or external customers and tracks interactions, progress, and resolution in trouble tickets.
- Participates in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects including preparing and distributing reports, material, documentation, and coordinating tasks.
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Establishes a good working relationship with team members and department contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided.
Required Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Thorough practical knowledge of PC applications and associated tools
- Some experience using scripting languages, such as PowerShell, to automate maintenance and other tasks.
- Hands-on production experience configuring, troubleshooting, and recovering Microsoft Active Directory services
- Working knowledge and experience managing Group Policies
- Clear understanding of TCP/IP protocol including IP addressing, subnetting, and IP network troubleshooting
- Monitor, manage, and maintain security tasks related to server and network devices including patching, server and firewall hardening, anti-malware management
- Manages and administers network print servers and functions.
- Provide user desktop support escalation services as needed
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting cloud applications including Office 365 and Google Apps
- Experience supporting Fortinet firewalls
- Experience monitoring, managing, and deploying VMWare virtual machines using vCenter
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Meraki switches and wireless access points.
- Experience configuring and supporting Virtual Desktop technologies (Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Citrix)
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills with internal and external customers and a high customer service IQ
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Minimum of 2 years in a systems administrator or similar role
- Completion of Fortinet 201 and 301 training
- Completion of Cisco Network Essentials (CCNET), or equivalent experience
- MCITP admin or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- IT Training and certifications in Fortinet, Veeam, Cisco, Meraki,(preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a direct customer facing role
- Authorization to work in the USA
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We offers a high-quality benefits package, 401(k) plan, and an array of work/life benefit options. EOE/AA/Vets
Please apply by following the instructions located here: https://workable.com/j/3378467DF2