Varsity is a Bay Area technology services company providing IT services and solutions to social impact organizations in California. Our clients span educational institutions, non-profits, healthcare, and mission-driven businesses. We are a B-Corporation focused on providing a great, supportive experience for our employees and their families. We pride ourselves on helping our clients utilize technology to improve their mission. When you join us, you will be a part of that purpose. You will work with great people who care about their clients and the good that those clients strive to achieve.
Varsity is seeking a highly motivated Operations Coordinator to be an integral part of our team supporting the needs of our clients and the organization. This is an excellent fit for a dynamic individual who wants to learn quickly, be adaptable, wear multiple-hats and is detailed-oriented. You will be responsible for supporting the finance and accounting operations, handle general daily office operations, light HR work, and processing all aspects purchasing and sales orders. This is a perfect position for a new college graduate eager to come in on the ground floor, learn many aspect of how a small business operates before choosing a specialty and career path.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting & Finance: (30%)
- Data entry for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Be first line inquiry on client invoicing and payment questions.
- Work with Finance Manager on month-end closing activities.
- Provide additional reports to manager as needed.
Sales Operations Support: (30%)
- Assist with creation of sales quotes for Account Manager and Account Executive
- Send product and warranty renewal quotes to clients
- Place orders for approved product and project quotes
- Receive in orders and work with project teams and finance to coordinate deployment of order to client and billing of orders
- Coordinate returns and replacements, as necessary
- Communicate updates to client, services, billing, and project teams as required
- Order and maintain all office supplies for 2 offices
- Coordinate office, volunteering, and experience events.
- Provide administrative support for office including interfacing with building management
- Receive internal equipment shipments and maintain internal equipment inventory
HR Tasks: (15%)
- Assist with recruiting by posting jobs, scheduling interviews by coordinating with departments and teams.
- Coordinate onboarding of new employees by scheduling reference checks and facilitate fingerprinting and background checks as needed.
- Facilitate day to day request from staff regarding HR questions and/or interfacing with HR/Benefits PEO vendor.
This position could be a great fit if you are:
- Passionate about learning new things and finding the answers
- Appreciate and desire open communication and transparency
- Creative with resources and able to adapt to varying/changing situations
- Great at working and interacting with people in-person and on the phone
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Sense of humor, sees the positive side of life
- Proactive, responsive, and responsible
- Always looking to excel in what you do
- Likes to help create process and operations improvements
- Relentless in providing service to others
- Constantly seeking opportunities to collaborate
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- 1-4 years of experience, specifically customer service, sales, accounting or office management
- Requires excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail, strong time management and organizational skills
- Tech savvy, competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, TEAMS, and Outlook required
- Desire to learn or have experience in any of the following is a plus: QuickBooks, Workable ATS recruiting systems, PEO vendor experience
- Bachelor’s degree or AA (preferred)
- Passion for Varsity’s mission to help our clients serve the world
Compensation based on experience. Varsity Technologies offers high-quality benefits options that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) safe harbor plans, and an array of work/life benefit options.
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We offers a high-quality benefits package, 401(k) plan, and an array of work/life benefit options.
Please apply by following the instructions located here: https://varsity-technologies.workable.com/j/E9386E0ADF