Systems Administrator – Los Angeles
Varsity is a Bay Area technology services company providing IT services and solutions to social impact organizations in California. Our clients span educational institutions, non-profits, healthcare, and mission-driven businesses (like B Corps). We are a B-Corporation focused on providing a great, supportive experience for our employees and their families. We pride ourselves on helping our clients utilize technology to improve their mission. When you join us, you will be a part of that purpose. You will work with great people who care about their clients and the good that those clients strive to achieve.
The Systems Administrator will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient network and server systems for Varsity and our clients. The Systems Administrator will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active cloud infrastructure, networks, server systems, and related software in order to ensure performance, availability, and general health of managed systems.
As a Systems Administrator, you are responsible for resolving service requests and resolution of alert notifications, monitoring and support requests. A normal day includes: analysis of client systems to resolve server and network support issues, provide centralized and automated desktop and mobile system optimization, implement proactive enhancements and maintenance to client systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve issues involving server and network.
- Monitors, responds, and resolves support requests.
- Assist service desk team and field with tickets escalated due to complexity.
- Review notifications from altering tools, triage, and schedule work for valid tickets
- Troubleshoots, recovers, and identifies major outage events for each network platform supported.
- Ensures immediate action when fault is detected and resolve client technical issues expeditiously and professionally
- Performs timely technical and management escalations for outstanding problems.
- Monitor, review backup systems and disaster recovery daily.
- Resolve any identify issues with backup of customer data, replication of systems, or proper functioning of backup and DR technologies.
- Perform maintenance tasks for network devices and server systems.Recommends, develops, and implements process improvements to ensure system performance, and availability
- Provide customer setup in Varsity’s IT monitoring, reporting, and systems tools
- Identify, recommend, and develop automation procedures/scripts
- Interfaces directly with internal and/or external customers and tracks interactions, progress, and resolution in service tickets.
- Participates in the activities associated with a variety of departmental projects including preparing and distributing reports, material, documentation, and coordinating tasks.
- Maintenance of technical documentation of processes and procedures
- Establishes a good working relationship with team members and department contacts in order to maintain and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service being provided.
Required Technical Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Experience using scripting languages, such as PowerShell, to automate maintenance and other tasks.
- Hands-on production experience configuring, troubleshooting, and recovering Microsoft Active Directory services (on premise and in Azure)
- Working knowledge and experience managing Group Policies
- Clear understanding of TCP/IP protocol including IP addressing, subnetting, and IP network troubleshooting
- Monitor, manage, and maintain security tasks related to server and network devices including patching, server hardening, firewall hardening, anti-malware maintenance, and response to remediation requests from security operations team.
- Experience with cluster management, specifically with AWS & Azure
- Experience deploying storage and shared file systems, like NFS and HDFS, in AWS & Azure
- Experience with Automate tools like AWS CodeDeploy and AWS Lambda as well as Azure Automation
- Experience automating builds of Linux and Windows with Linux
- Familiarity with Windows and MacOS
- Proficiency in Python and Powershell scripting
- Understanding of performance, scalability, and distributed system management in AWS or Azure
- Ability to install, maintain, and use a wide variety of open source and vendor technologies and devops tools
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting cloud applications including Office 365 and Google Apps
- Experience supporting security appliance and applications
- Experience monitoring, managing, and deploying VMWare and Hyper-V virtual machines
- Experience configuring and supporting Virtual Desktop technologies (Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Citrix)
- Thorough practical knowledge of mac and windows desktop applications and associated tools
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills with internal and external customers and a high customer service IQ
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Minimum of 2 years in a systems administrator or similar role
- Associate degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a direct customer facing role
- Authorization to work in the USA
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We offers a high-quality benefits package, 401(k) plan, and an array of work/life benefit options. EOE/AA/Vets
Please apply by following the instruction here: https://workable.com/j/09C88C8097