Systems Administrator/Team Lead for Service Desk (Modesto)
Varsity Technologies is seeking a highly motivated IT professional for the position of Systems Administrator for our service desk team. In this role you will have the opportunity to provide a wide variety of system administrative and support services to Varsity customers and internal teams. You’ll be responsible for T3 ticket escalations, process improvement, monitoring IT systems and mentoring team members. In addition, this role will also support Windows Active Directory, account management for cloud services, data center operations, and basic troubleshooting for networks, backups, and virtualizations technologies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors network for alarms or certain conditions that may require special attention to avoid impact on the network’s performance. Tier 3 support for Service Desk escalations.
- Recommends, develops, and implements process improvements to ensure system performance, availability and clear guidelines for team members.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth working knowledge of customer products and services to be able to troubleshoot, create updated policies or procedures and own the client project life cycle.
- Mentor, coach, develop and train service desk members to increase their technology and customer service skill sets to support, maintain and enhance client requests and needs.
- Minimum of 2 years in a systems administrator or similar role and project management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a direct customer facing role
- Preferred IT certifications/training: Microsoft (MCP, MCSA, or MCSE), Citrix (CCEA or CCIA), SonicWall (CSSA), Cisco (CCNA), VMware (VCP), Fortinet (NSE4), Veeam (VMCE), Meraki
- Systems experience: MS Active Directory, Exchange 2010/2013, SQL databases, VMware/vCenter, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, group policy management
- Networking experience: Meraki, Cisco, firewall (FortiGate and CiscoASA), Citrix NetScaler, TCP/IP protocol, IP addressing, VPN, networking design, SSL certificates
- Public/private cloud technologies like Office 365, Google apps, etc.
- Ability to configure and maintain firewalls, switches, wireless access points, physical servers, storage systems (RAID, iSCSI, etc.), UPS
- Backup solutions and methodology (local and offsite replication)
- Experience configuring and supporting client operating systems Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X
- Experience with iOS and Android (mobile devices and tablets)
- Preferred but not required: Bachelor's degree, cloud migration experience, Linux administration
Varsity is a technology services company providing IT services and solutions to social impact organizations in California. Our clients span educational institutions, non-profits, healthcare, and mission-driven businesses (like B Corps). We are a B-Corporation focused on providing a great, supportive experience for our employees and their families. We pride ourselves on helping our clients utilize technology to improve their mission. When you join us, you will be a part of that purpose. You will work with great people who care about their clients and the good that those clients strive to achieve.
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We offers a high-quality benefits package, 401(k) plan, and an array of work/life benefit options. EOE/AA/Vets
Please apply by following the instructions located here: https://varsity-technologies.workable.com/j/31A7E4E562