Technology Support Specialist – Modesto
Varsity is a Bay Area technology services company providing IT services and solutions to social impact organizations in California. Our clients span social impact companies, healthcare, foundations, non-profits, and education. We are a B-Corporation focused on delivering and supporting technologies that help our clients fulfill their impact.
When you join us, you will be a part of that purpose. You will work with great people who care about their clients and the good that those clients strive to achieve.
Varsity is searching for a bright, enthusiastic Technology Support Specialist to help support our clients’ daily IT needs. You will be responsible for responding to and resolving daily support requests. A normal day will include: analysis of client systems to make recommendations and improvements, testing and documenting desktop support utilities and applications, and tracking tasks and time entries in the company CRM system.
This position is perfect for someone who enjoys learning and developing new technical skills every day. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment and enjoys interacting with and assisting clients. As a Technology Support Specialist at Varsity, you can expect an exciting environment where you will learn essential technical skills to accelerate your career.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide IT help desk and support services to customers
- Research and verify technical solutions
- Respond to and resolve client technical issues expeditiously and professionally
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of customer systems
- Escalate issues to team lead and senior staff when appropriate
Required Technical Skills, Knowledge, & Experience:
- Providing tech support directly to end-users
- Resolution of end user support issues related to hardware, software, or web applications
- Remediation of desktop level web browser, network, and internet connectivity issues
- Configuration and support for mobile devices
- Familiarity with supporting productivity applications including Microsoft Office, Office 365, and/or Google Apps
- Ability to resolve printing issues
- Configuration and administration of Microsoft Windows 10 OS and Mac OS
- Basic support for wireless on desktop and mobile devices
- Ability to properly research technical issues to craft an appropriate resolution
Desirable Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Tracking and documenting support issues in a ticketing system
- Providing end user support by phone, email, and remotely
- Android and iOS mobile operating system configuration and administration
- Ability to configure productivity applications: Office, Office 365, and/or Google Apps
- Perform User Management activities in SSO or Active Directory
- Knowledge of networking technologies
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- IT certifications (preferred)
- 1-2 years’ experience in a direct customer facing role
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar technical role or equivalent academic experience
- Authorization to work in the USA
If you are interested in this position, apply online.
Compensation based on experience. Varsity Technologies offers a high-quality benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick, and personal leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and 401(k).
Varsity Technologies is an equal opportunity employer looking to develop a diverse workforce that shares in our corporate and community values. In accordance with applicable law, Varsity Technologies does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets