Technology Support Specialist – Modesto
About the Team
The Remote Services Desk team is a group of fun, committed, and hard working individuals. They are passionate about Varsity’s values and our purpose in the social impact space. They are also a group of people that like to have fun; that happens every week from comic book characters and weekly team lunches to offsite events. As a member of this team, you’ll be a part of and contribute to this great culture. We are looking for someone to help us grow and that will grow with us, that is motivated to learn, thoughtful and courteous, and driven to always improve.
About the Role
As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll work alongside team members every day to address our customer’s IT support requests. You will collaborate with customers to who are looking for your assistance, guidance, and knowledge on technology issues, new technologies, and education on how to use technology. You will also have the opportunity to learn from everyone at Varsity from our management team to your peers on the Remote Services team. Varsity is, and always has been, a place where you get to learn, you’re actively supported, and you’ll be part of a community.
The position is a great opportunity to further your IT skills by providing level 1 and level 2 support (don’t worry, we will explain that). You will also have lots of opportunities to learn new technologies and develop new technical skills.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will
- Apply your knowledge of Windows and Mac OS skills to resolve computer issues
- Use your experience supporting mobile OS technologies to assist customers
- Help customers setup, customize, or even use their cloud applications including GSuite and Office 365
- Research and verify technical solutions and provide workaround solutions where appropriate
- Respond to and resolve client technical issues expeditiously and professionally
- Learn about working in a large scale IT support operation
- Learn customer service skills, using automation tools, and
- Work in a collaborative group and be mentor by IT staff with years of experience
- Support our clients with fast resolution to their most common issues
We’re Excited About You Because
- You believe that knowledge is power and you want a job where you can share what you know
- You love to work on a wide range of computer technologies, including Mac, Windows, Cloud and mobile
- You love to figure out the cause of the problem but also provide realistic solutions that help your customer focus on their social impact work
- You want to excel your career to new opportunities in technology
- You are a strong communicator who takes the time listen to your clients and peers, listens to them
- You have a higher education background where you’ve studied computer science, business information systems, or a similar technology field
- You are ready to show us what you know and what you’ve learned in your last job
- You are ready to get on the fast track to learning our methods for providing support and our technologies
Just a few things that may be required….
- Degrees and certifications in the field preferred
- Min of 1 year of experience doing direct customer IT support
- Authorization to work in the USA
- This position may occasionally require you to lift a thing or two.
You’ll Love Working at Varsity
We are more than a company. More than just tech or services. Varsity is a social justice company rooted in the belief that by continually giving knowledge to others, we support each individual to be a free thinker, support their right for equality, and empower them to make the best decisions regarding technology.
- We are an agile company – we always are improving
- We believe our employees are what make us great
- Every individual is responsible for doing their part and allowing teams to self-organize for the betterment of our customers
- Our employee benefits are about supporting families and individuals to have wellness in their lives
- We support our team members in their personal time of need with special employee loan programs, financial education, peer support, and always coming from a place of best intent
- We are always searching for a new way to use technology to better organizations (and us!) in the social impact space
- We push ourselves every day to fight for our customers with relentless service
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO VALUE AND WILL SUPPORT A FRIENDLY, TEAM-ORIENTED AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN PRIOR TO COMMENCING EMPLOYMENT.
If you are interested in this position, apply online.